Saturday, January 29, 2011

Admiral!!!


So I was in High School and my friend Dietrich told me about this band our Friend Joe had just seen at Club Soda. They were called Admiral. Kalamazoo Michigan figurehead Joel Wick had put together a benefit show for homeless people or animals or maybe both (?). Anyways, Laughing Hyenas, Circus Lupus and several other bands played. As I previously stated one of the bands went by the name of Admiral. In Joe's words, the singer looked homeless and their performance almost made him cry-which was pretty absurd to my 15 year old ears. Anyways, as I was slipping out of metal, this was one of the first contemporary hardcore/punk bands I was to hear on a mixtape dietrich made for me. Needless to say, I thought they were great. Emotional and intense without seeming to be playing a card of some sort. It just seemed legitimate and, unlike some bands to come along later it still seemed steeped in that world of hardcore punk from a musical standpoint. Anyways, here's both of their 7"s and a live set that they played in Washington, DC courtesy of the emoisdead group on mediafire. If you haven't you should check them out, lots of good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment